Senior Data Storyteller
Nugit is looking for self-starters with a passion for data who are ready to evolve their data analytics and business problem solving experiences. Here is a chance to become an Expert, Enterprise Grade Data Storyteller by joining a global B2B startup based in Singapore.
This Senior Data Storyteller will work in a specialised team supporting a global pharmaceutical company to deliver analytics and tools across Asia. They will spend their time exploring business wide data, be focused on building a deep understanding of customer business challenges, and constantly be seeking innovative, practical solutions that create meaningful impact.
This role is a cohabitation with key account for the remainder of 2020 at which point the position will move back into Nugit to work on other Nugit clients, or be extended with the key account based on mutual agreement and career progression plan.
This is an individual contributor role, working as a business partner to Business stakeholders to deliver highly technical data analytics projects using the Nugit Data Storytelling Platform and other technologies such as Tableau.
You will be a trusted consultant to the client in understanding each user groups specific requirements and how to impact their working lives. The solutions you deliver will delight users, help them learn new things about their business and gain insights that measurably improve their operations.
The data stories you help create and automate will be shared and scaled across large groups, from the field sales and CRM, business teams, partners and executive groups. You’ll continue to get feedback, iterate and improve, driving ongoing engagement and growth.
Data Management and Analysis
- Build a strong understanding of Database, APIs, and data sets.
- Work with user groups to understand their requirements, data sources and definitions, and configure these on technology platforms.
- Manipulate, transform and augment data with scripts and other techniques using internal and third party tools.
- Create, monitor and automate ingestion workflows
- Assist in data troubleshooting
- Harmonise various data sources into common streams that can be used for data analysis and in the creation of more engaging stories.
Analysis and Data Storytelling
- Build an understanding of customer challenges and business questions through consultation and stakeholder research.
- Analyse data sets to extract key information and insights.
- Create engaging data stories and tools that have purpose, intuitive narratives and address business problems in intuitive steps.
- Improve data sharing by continuing to innovate the tools and adapting templates for each new use case as the needs of the users evolve.
- Be a champion of data storytelling, developing and sharing your skills and knowledge through initiatives
Part of the role will be to work with the Technology team and business to engage user groups:
- Conducting office hours sessions on data and the various tools available, supporting Q&A and providing insights and updates.
- Training and helping users on the best approach and workflow to meet their needs for each use case.
- Conducting training, presentations, workshops and demonstrations together with the technology team executives to drive adoption.
Operations, Communication and Process
- Manage your time between various projects and user groups, communicating project updates with timeliness and precision
- Work collaboratively with technology and data teams to share needs, feedback, manage issues and coordinate support.
- Use cloud based collaboration and workflow tools to drive efficiency, knowledge capture and productivity.
- Be a subject matter expert providing project updates on weekly calls/emails
- Support business development efforts by identifying new opportunities to help growth
- Passion for data.
- Strong data analyst experience, ideally minimum 5+ years in a technology/data company or in a data analyst role.
- Effortlessly manage and transform data.
- Strong knowledge and capabilities to product data tools in Tableau / Tableau Server. Experience with Sisense, Nugit preferred.
- Ability to question everything, ask why, dig into real needs to get to the so what.
- Give a shit. About everything you do.
- Flexibility. You’ll have to do some calls at night and you’ll be given opportunities to work from home or remotely.
- Never stop improving.
- Attention to detail and aesthetics.
- Be willing to say no.
- Trust and Transparency.
- Resourcefulness and agility.
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines
- Enjoy solving new difficult challenges, sometimes with no instruction manual.
- Motivated self-starter who is hungry to learn and can provide strong examples of how they have achieved results while balancing demanding expectations.
- Super organized, quick learner who works well under pressure.
- Applicants must be Singaporean / Permanent Residents